Dates: January 15, 2022
Meets: Sa from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
There are 2 openings remaining at this time.
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: Rhonda Kalvig Phone: 406-756-3832 Email: email@example.com
Expect to be in the field the entire day with outside lectures, combined with hands on training.
You are required to have a fully operational modern avalanche transceiver, an avalanche shovel (no plastic blades) and an avalanche probe. Also, you must have your own registered snowmobile/snowbike that is in good working order.
In this course you will learn to:
• Wear & operate an avalanche beacon.
• Properly carry and assemble an avalanche shovel and probe.
• Effective probing and shoveling strategies.
• Perform a mock companion rescue (pinpoint, probe, fully extricate an object) in simple terrain in less than 5 minutes.
• Know how to practice these skills frequently and maintain rescue equipment.
|Course Fee (Basic)||TUITION||$ 50.00|
|01/15/2022||Saturday||8 AM to 4 PM||Off Campus|